Power BI Clustered columns chart is useful to display comparison of multiple series as in vertical columns. Each data series shares the same axis labels, so vertical bars are grouped by category.
- Learn :- Get data from Excel to Power BI
- Download Sample Dataset: Excel Sample Dataset for practice
Let’s understand with an example
Step-1: Open Power BI file and take Clustered Column Chart from Visualization Pane to Power BI Report page.
Step-2: Click any where on Clustered Column Chart & drag columns to Fields Section, see below image for reference.
- Axis: ‘Region’
- Legend: ‘Product Category’
- Value: ‘Sales’
Required Fields descriptions
- Axis: Specify the Column that represent the Vertical Bars.
- Legend: Display grouped by category data series as in Vertical Bars.
- Values: Any Numeric value such as Sales amount, Total Sales etc.
Formatting of clustered column chart:
You can set chart font size, font family, Title name, X axis, Y axis & Data labels colors.
Click any where on chart then go to Format Section & set below properties-
- General: Allows you to set X axis, Y axis, width & height of chart.
- Data colors: Using this section you can change the colors used for each series in the chart.
- X-Axis: Using this section allows you to modify the appearance of the X-Axis section of this chart.
- Y-Axis: Using this section allows you to modify the appearance of the Y-Axis section of this chart.
- Data labels: Its enable values on bar chart & you can change color, background color, display unit and many more of Data labels.
- Title: Specified the Title name for Chart.
Refer- How to create small multiples chart
Hope you enjoyed the post. Your valuable feedback, question, or comments about this post are always welcome or you can leave us message on our Contact form , we will revert to you asap.