Power BI Matrix & Table both are most frequently usable visuals used for presenting data in tabular format.
- In table we present data in 2-Dimension data grid format.
- By default display all data, means flat data structure.
- Rows not fixed but columns are fixed.
- When you add new dimension you can add them as “Values” and it will appear as a new column in grid.
- It support Multidimensional data grid format.
- Matrix automatically aggregate the data according to data behavior.
- Rows & Columns both are not fixed.
- Here you have option to add Values, Rows & columns.
Important Note : Show values on rows for matrix visual
Let’s start with an example:
Download Sample data : SuperStoreUS-2015.xlxs
Now create a table visual to using three fields :- Customer Name, Customer Segment & Discount.
In this data we have multiple entries of same users against different-different Customer Segment & Discount.
So, by default Table visual will display all data, means flat data structure.
And when we display same data in Matrix Visualization, it will aggregate the data automatically, so you can see the output in below screen shot now Customer name is not repeating.
For Data Analysis purpose Matrix Visual is good and easy to understand. In Matrix we can transform the Data Column wise as well.
See below screen shot, here we displaying data column wise to using Matrix three property Rows, Column & Value.
Hope you enjoyed the post. Your valuable feedback, question, or comments about this post are always welcome or you can leave us message on our contact form , we will revert to you asap.