Let’s start with an example:
If you don’t have sample data set you can download the same from below link.
Display Total Sales value:
Step-1: Drag Card visual in report page from Visualization Pane.
Step-2: Now drag ‘Sales’ column into Fields section or under Card visual in report page.
As you saw, it returns sum of sales, by default it return SUM. You can change the same, just do right click on ‘Sales’ fields and choose function according to your need like as – COUNT, AVERAGE, MINIMUM, MAXIMUM etc.
Step-3: Change background color, font size & font family of Card visual
Click any where on Visual, then click on Format Section and use below properties:
- Data label: Change value font color, font size, display unit etc
- Category: Show & hide column name on Card, change font size, font family etc
- Title: You can give any Title to Card & change the font size, font family, alignment & background color of card
- Background color: you can change Card background color
- Border: Give border to card & change border color
- General: Mange card height, width & X axis , Y-axis position
Step-4: Final Output after all settings.
What happens if you use string column like name in Card Visual?
When you drag Name column in Card visual, by default it display first row name. And when you right click to Name column then it gives you some more option.
Hope you enjoyed the post. Your valuable feedback, question, or comments about this post are always welcome or you can leave us message on our contact form , we will revert to you asap.