Power BI Card visualization is used to display single value like Total Sales, Counts & Single numbers in Report page & Dashboard.
Let’s start with an example:
If you do not have a sample dataset, you can download it from the link provided below.
Display Total Sales value:
Step-1: In the “Visualizations” pane located on the right side of the Power BI window, click on the “Card” icon to add the Card visualization to your report canvas.
Step-2: Now, simply drag and drop the measure or field that you wish to display within the Card visualization into the “Fields” section of the Card visual.
As you observed, the default behavior is to return the sum of sales, which is due to the default aggregation function being set to SUM.
You can conveniently modify this by right-clicking on the ‘Sales’ field and choosing a different aggregation function based on your requirements, such as COUNT, AVERAGE, MINIMUM, MAXIMUM, and more.
Step-3: Change background color, font size & font family of Card visual
Select car visual> then click on Format Section and use below properties:
- Callout value: Change value font color, font size, display unit etc.
- Category Label: Show & hide column name on Card, change font size, font family etc.
- Title: You can give any Title to Card & change the font size, font family, alignment & background color of card
- Background color: you can change Card background color
- Border: Give border to card & change border color
- General: Mange card height, width , X axis & Y-axis position
Step-4: The final output after configuring all the settings.