Power BI Stacked Bar chart & Stacked Column Chart both are most usable visuals in Power BI.
A Stacked Bar Chart is a type of data visualization in Power BI that displays the distribution of data categories using horizontal bars stacked on top of each other.
This chart is particularly useful for comparing the composition of different data categories while also showcasing the individual components within each category.
Refer 100% Stacked Bar Chart in Power BI.
Let’s start with an example
Step-1: Download Sample data : SuperStoreUS-2015.xlxs
Step-2: Add a Stacked Bar chart to your Power BI report page by selecting it from the Visualization Pane.
Step-3:Select the chart, navigate to the Format tab, and then drag the required columns to the Fields section as shown in the image below for your reference.
- Y-axis: ‘Region’
- Legend: ‘Product Category’
- X-axis: ‘Sales’
How to formatting Stacked bar Chart?
Select the chart > Click on “Format your visual tab”> From there, you can manage the properties listed below:
X-axis : Mange the X-axis Value font size, color, Title and Display Unit etc.
Y-axis: Mange the Y-axis Value font size, color and Title.
Legend: Specified the Legend Text color, font size, Position & Title.
Bars: Change the color of chart & maintain the spacing between bars.
Data Labels: Enable the data labels on chart, manage the display unit of labels.
Total Labels: Enable Total labels on chart.
Properties: In this section you can manage the chart height, width, horizontal & vertical position.
Title: Under general tab you can see the title section> Here you can set the below properties-
- Title- Specified the title for chart, & manage the font size, color, background for chart.
- Subtitle- Specified the subtitle for chart, & manage the font size, color, background for chart.
- Divider- Enable the line between Title & chart.
- Spacing- Manage the space between title, Subtitle & chart area.
Key features of a Stacked Bar Chart in Power BI include:
- Multiple Categories: Each bar on the chart represents a specific category, and the individual segments within the bar represent the subcategories or components.
- Stacked Segments: Subcategories are stacked on top of each other within a single bar, illustrating the contribution of each subcategory to the total of that category.
- Comparison and Composition: Stacked bar charts allow you to compare both the overall distribution of categories and the distribution of subcategories within each category.
- Color Coding: Different subcategories are typically assigned distinct colors to aid in differentiation.
- Legend: The legend helps identify the subcategories and their colors.
- Tooltip: Hovering over a segment provides detailed information about the value it represents.
How to enable Total values for Stacked Chart Visual?
Refer this : Turn on Total labels for Stacked Chart
Hope you enjoyed the post. Your valuable feedback, question, or comments about this post are always welcome or you can leave us message on our contact form , we will revert to you asap.