TOP N filters works same like TOP Clause in SQL Server, It filtered and returns the data according to specified number by you.
Suppose you have 100 products and you are interested to see only TOP 5 products sales value then you can use TOP N filter and pass ‘5’ in place of N.
Refer similar post: Display Top 2 products for each region in Power BI
Let’s start with an example:
if you don’t have sample data set you can download the same from below link.
Step 1: Drag Clustered column chart in Power Bi Page from Visualization Pane, then select chart and follow below steps:
- Axis: Drag ‘Region‘ from Orders dataset
- Legend: Drag ‘Product-Sub-Category’ from Orders dataset
- Value: Drag ‘Sales’ from Orders dataset
Step 2: If you noticed, each Region have more then 10 to 15 Products sub categories but you want to see only top 5 sales products in each region, follow below steps for this:
- Click any where on existing chart, then open right side Filters Pane.
- Now click on down arrow icon, refer left image.
- After click, select Top N from Filter type drop down, and give items number- refer right image
- Now click on Apply filters and see TOP 5 sales data region wise.
Suppose, you have four regions sales data in Pie Chart.
But you are interested to see only TOP 2 region sales data in Pie chart, so for this follow the same steps as you follow earlier for chart.
After click on Apply filter, result as below:
Hope you enjoyed the post. Your valuable feedback, question, or comments about this post are always welcome or you can leave us message on our contact form , we will revert to you asap.