In this blog you will understand all about Page Navigator feature in Power BI.
Microsoft Power BI team released Page Navigator feature in Nov-2021 updates. Using this feature you can navigate one page to another page inside the report.
When you select the Page navigator option, a page navigator will be automatically created pages name buttons for you.
Important Note :
The page navigator is automatically in-sync with your report pages, meaning:
- Titles of the buttons match the page display names.
- Ordering of the buttons match the order of your report pages.
- The selected button is the current page.
- As you add or remove pages in your report, the navigator will automatically update.
- As you rename pages, the titles of the buttons will automatically update.
Let’s get started-
- Add two three page in your report
- Go to insert tab > Buttons > Navigator > Click on Page navigator
Note: For every page you have to follow the same steps to enable page navigator, or else you can copy paste from one page to other.
Once you clicked on Page Navigator, it will create Page Navigation buttons for you, see the below given screen shot-
At desktop level you’ll need to Ctrl + click to navigate to the desired page. In service it will work on single click.
Formatting of Page Navigator-
Select Page Navigator > Format navigator
Shape: Change the shape & corners of Navigation buttons
Rotation: Adjust rotation of the navigation buttons
- Change Text font size, color, alignment on button hover, press & select.
- Fill the non selected page background.
- Enable shadow & glow for buttons
Pages: You can add hide page in Page navigation
Grid Layout: Change the Orientation of Navigator like horizontal, vertical and Grid.
See the final result after formatting-
Hope you enjoyed the post. Your valuable feedback, question, or comments about this post are always welcome or you can leave us message on our contact form , we will revert to you asap.