In Power BI, You can change the visual value dynamically based on slicer value selection.
Suppose you have three measures – Sales, Profit & Discount, and user/ client want to see only selected slicer measure value on visual(one measure value at a time).
Let’s understand how you can be achieve this-
Download the sample Dataset from below link-
Now follow these steps in order to achieve this-
Step-1: Create a static table with measure name.
Under Home tab > Click on Table icon > table dialogue box opens.
Then Change column header name( double click on header name and enter new name), after that enter measure name row wise.
Then provides the table name & click on Load button.
Step-2: Now add one slicer visual into report page and drag static table column “Type” into slicer. And set below properties for slicer.
- General: Choose Orientation : Horizontal &Turn on Responsive.
- Selection controls: Turn on Single select
- Selection header: Turn off selection header
- Items: Allows you to set the font size, font family, color & background color for Text.
Step-3: Create a dynamic measure for value change.
Right click on dataset name > New measure > Enter below DAX code.
Total Amount = VAR TotalSales = SUM ( 'Global-Superstore'[Sales] ) VAR TotalProfit = SUM ( 'Global-Superstore'[Profit] ) VAR TotalDiscount = SUM ( 'Global-Superstore'[Discount] ) VAR SelectMeasure = SELECTEDVALUE ( Navigation[Type] ) RETURN IF (SelectMeasure = "Sales",TotalSales, IF (SelectMeasure = "Profit",TotalProfit, IF (SelectMeasure = "Discount",TotalDiscount, BLANK () )))
- Write DAX to get Total Sales, Profit & Discount and store all three calculation into three separate variables.
- Store Slicer selected value into variable “SelectMeasure”, Navigation is Static table name & Type is column name.
- Use IF condition, Passed measure variable name into condition based on selected values.
Step-4: Now add one clustered column chart into report page and drag Region column to Axis & measure to Values section.
Now it will change the visual value dynamically based on slicer selection.
Refer Power BI other post: Power BI tutorials
Hope you enjoyed the post. Your valuable feedback, question, or comments about this post are always welcome or you can leave us message on our Contact form , we will revert to you asap.