Power BI offers a range of pricing options to cater to different user needs, from individuals and small businesses to large enterprises.
Here’s an overview of the Power BI pricing tiers –
- Power BI Free:
- Cost: Free
- Features: This basic version of Power BI allows you to create and share interactive reports and visualizations. You can connect to various data sources, create basic dashboards, and collaborate with other Power BI users.
- Power BI Pro:
- Cost: $9.99 per user per month
- Features: Power BI Pro offers enhanced collaboration and sharing capabilities. You can create, publish, and share reports and dashboards with colleagues, even if they are not Power BI Pro users. This tier also includes features like on-premises reporting, data alerts, and the ability to schedule data refresh.
- Power BI Premium Per User (PPU):
- Cost: $20 per user per month
- Features: Power BI Premium Per User offers a higher level of performance and scalability compared to Pro. It’s designed for individual users who require advanced analytics and the ability to create large datasets. It includes paginated reports, AI insights, and larger dataset sizes.
- Power BI Premium:
- Cost: Starts at $4,995 per month
- Features: Power BI Premium is designed for organizations with high data consumption needs. It offers dedicated cloud resources, increased data refresh rates, and the ability to publish reports to larger audiences. Premium also provides features like Power BI Report Server for on-premises reporting and enhanced security options.
- Power BI Embedded:
- Features: Power BI Embedded is intended for developers who want to embed Power BI reports and dashboards within their applications. It allows you to create customized and branded analytics experiences for your users.
- The total cost of Power BI Embedded depends on the node type chosen and the number of nodes deployed. Node types differ based on number of V-cores and RAM as outlined in the table below:
|Node Type||Virtual Cores||Memory||Frontend / Backend Cores||Price|
|A1||1||3 GB RAM||0.5 / 0.5||$735.913/month|
|A2||2||5 GB RAM||1 / 1||$1,465.9130/month|
|A3||4||10 GB RAM||2 / 2||$2,937.666/month|
|A4||8||25 GB RAM||4 / 4||$5,881.245/month|
|A5||16||50 GB RAM||8 / 8||$11,768.33/month|
|A6||32||100 GB RAM||16 / 16||$23,542.938/month|
|A7||64||200 GB RAM||32 / 32||N/A|
|A8||128||400 GB RAM||64 / 64||N/A|
Remember that Power BI pricing can vary based on factors such as user count, features required, and whether you’re looking for cloud-only or hybrid solutions.
Microsoft may also introduce new pricing plans or updates, so be sure to visit the official Power BI pricing page on the Microsoft website for the latest information and detailed comparisons between the different tiers.